Developers Blackmill Games and M2H, equipped with their trusty combat shovels, have dug their way to the console players to share with them a true trench warfare experience. The intense WW1 PC-hit Verdun just released on the PlayStation 4 and will be released later this year on Xbox One.
After the release of Verdun on April 2015, the developers started working on a console version together with adaption house; Abstraction Games. The community was excited to see the game development for both Xbox One and PlayStation®4. Today, the first milestone has been achieved by releasing Verdun on the PlayStation 4. An extra mile has been taken by giving the UI an overhaul and enhancing the controls for a seamless console play. Focusing on realism and historical accuracy, this game is not for the light-hearted offering an intense experience of trench warfare In one of the bloodiest wars of human history.
The developers are keen to welcome the PC veterans to the console battlefield and therefore made sure to give out 102 PlayStation®4 store keys within the Steam community. The newbies don’t have to worry, the game includes a game mode against the AI (Squad Defense) to make sure all they receive a good training before entering the gritty battlefields.
As for those who have been waiting patiently for a console version, a shoveling competition just started. Make sure to share ‘your shovel ready for battle’ via Twitter or Facebook with #DiggingVerdun. Try to win a PlayStation®4 key for you or your friend to accompany you in battle, or get yourself a true WW1 shoveling experience by winning a WW1 shovel replica.
The game is available via the PlayStation 4 store with a 25% launch discount if you get the game before September 30 2016.
Verdun key features include:
• Realistic World War 1 gameplay: Authentic weaponry with realistic bullet physics, skill based weapon handling, accurate gore, poisonous gas with a claustrophobic gas mask experience, and ferocious artillery barrages
• Tactical squad-based FPS: Unique squad leveling system, distinct squad types and roles, and voice chat
• True trench warfare: Real-time dynamic frontline with momentum-based attack and counter-attack gameplay
• Authentic World War 1 setting: Typical WW1 music and style, historical battlefields set on the Western Front
• Challenging game modes: Team-based Frontline, tactical Attrition, skill-based Rifle Deathmatch and desperate survival in Squad Defense