New World Interactive (NWI) has released an update that includes a new map and numerous features, fixes and improvements. The new map is called Dry Canal, originally created by community member Tribly and a finalist in their Gamebanana level design contest last year.
Also releasing is the foundation for their competitive ranking system. The system is not fully functional yet, but the game now loads the web-based system that will evolve into the competitive component. With this, NWI can begin to update their competitive and stats systems without requiring a game update.
Lastly, included in this update is “Capa” mode. “Capa” is an homage to one of the greatest war photographers, Robert Capa, who co-founded Magnum Photos following the Second World War. His images of Omaha Beach on D-Day are iconic. Sadly, he was killed by a mine in Indochina in 1954. Capa had a famous saying: “If your photographs aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough,” and this feature will help you get closer to the action while spectating.
- Dry Canal (Day and Night versions)
- Dry Canal Push
- Dry Canal Skirmish
- Dry Canal Occupy
- Dry Canal Firefight
- Dry Canal Strike
- Dry Canal Elimination
- Dry Canal Ambush
- Contact Checkpoint
- Dry Canal Checkpoint
- Dry Canal Conquer
- Dry Canal Outpost
- Dry Canal Survival
- Dry Canal Hunt
- Implemented facial animations for your guide in the training level.
- Created Clean Sweep achievements for every map running Hunt game mode.
- Created Decisive Victory achievements for every map running Checkpoint game mode.
- New first person AK-74, AKS-74u and Makarov animations.
- New third person animations for reloads, grenade throws and foregrips.
- M16, M4 and AK-74 world models have been updated with moving bolts.
- IK support for third person hands and feet. Mod authors will need to update any player model mods they have on the workshop.
- Steam View Game Info dialog now shows the player score rather than kill count. Player score can be hidden on the View Game Info dialog if server enables sv_suppress_steam_score.
- Damage and suppression is replicated to spectators watching in first person.
- Player spawn staggering implemented to reduce server lag spikes that occurred when a large amount of players spawn at once.
- Survival improvements
- Adjusted price and amount of ammo received from chest rig and chest carrier to make ammo more limited.
- Tweaked AI behavior so bots are less likely to patrol parts of the map humans can avoid.
- Added win condition for level 100
- Players now get correctly damaged and flashed by grenades while leaning around a corner.
- Fixed the black sky issue when Shader Details were set to medium or low settings.
- Fixed the subtitles not working in the training level.
- Fixed the clean sweep hunt achievements not triggering properly.
- Possessing a bot no longer reloads when using a controller.
- Fixed being able to crash servers by spamming the inventory_resupply command.
- Fixed FPS drop caused by main menu HTML panels after connecting to a server.
- Character models are now positioned with their head where the first person view is in crouched and standing stances, which should help prevent “head glitching”.
- Fixed multiple world model bipods attaching to a weapon.
- Fixed detached foregrip on shotgun world models.
- Added IK support to first person hands on various weapons to prevent any sliding during transitions, specifically pistols.
- Fixed being able to skip the M249 reloads.
- Players now experience fall damage when landing in shallow water.
- SourceTV demos can now be viewed without crashing the client. Demos recorded prior to this patch may fail to load.
- When viewing a player in first person through SourceTV, proning and leaning is now shown correctly.
- sv_hud_deathmessages can now be enabled on co-op servers.
- New District checkpoint layout
- Fixed an issue in Embassy where you could jump behind the map.
- Added invisible walls in Panj to prevent players from accessing certain exploit locations.
- Fixed a bug in Siege Outpost where cache B would be in a bad location.
- Fixed many other miscellaneous issues in multiple levels.
User Experience Improvements
- Pressing escape now closes menus properly.
- HTML MOTDs have been disabled due to player feedback. Unfortunately, too many servers were abusing this ability by playing ads that could not be stopped or were obnoxious.
- Server-side Workshop now supports collections.
- Workshop servers will now correctly query for map updates between games.
- Spawn points and spawn zone entities can now be assigned a squad ID, allowing mappers to create squad specific spawn areas.
- Added mutual exclusion to weapon upgrades. This can be used to exclude any two upgrades from being equipped simultaneously that are in different upgrade slots. Under a weapon upgrade add “excluded_upgrades”, with an arbitrary key and a value set to the name of the upgrade to exclude. The exclusion should be defined on the latter of the pair in the theater file.
- Added “overlay” setting to gear definitions.
- Added the “third_person” subsection to weapon definitions.
- Replaced c_thirdpersonshoulder with sv_thirdperson and all the associated settings.
Capa Mode (beta)
Introducing new features to the roaming spectator mode, currently controlled using Console Variables. The name “Capa” is an homage to one of the greatest war photographers, Robert Capa, who co-founded Magnum Photosfollowing the Second World War. His images of Omaha Beach on D-Day are iconic. Sadly, he was killed by a mine in Indochina in 1954. Capa had a famous saying: “If your photographs aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough,” and this feature will help you get closer to the action while spectating.
- spec_camera_options_gui 1, displays UI to adjust f-stop, focal length, and focal distance
- spec_bank 1, enables camera banking
- spec_bank_angle <-180…180>, Maximum camera banking/roll angle
- spec_bank_smoothing <0..1>, Banking interpolation amount (higher = slower)
- spec_handheld <0…n>, enables handheld camera feature that moves the camera around as if it were held by a camera operator
- spec_handheld_frequency <Hz>, frequency at which the camera shakes (recommended value is 0.3)
- spec_fov 1, enables manual FOV control while in Capa mode allowing you to zoom in and zoom out using the scroll wheel
- spec_fov_angle <0.0001…179.0>, manual FOV angle that can be changed using the ConVar or by scrolling
- spec_fov_delta <-n…n>, Amount of degrees to add or subtract depending on scroll wheel movement
- spec_fov_smoothing <0…1>, interpolation amount
- spec_fov_lockdoftofov 1, Use FOV to calculate the focal length of the brute force Depth of Field effect (mat_insdof 1)
- spec_interpolate 1, smooth out mouse movement
- spec_interpolate_smoothing <0…1>, interpolation amount
- spec_interpolate_position 1, smooth out camera position
- spec_interpolate_position_smoothing <0…1>, interpolation amount
- sv_specspeed (server) – this is not a new value but it should be lowered during the test which we will probably do via RCON as we go like during previous tests
UPDATE 5/27/16: We are releasing a hotfix today to address some issues that have come up from the patch. Hotfix changelist is below followed by the full patch changelist:
- Fixed grenade prime animation getting stuck in third person.
- Fixed missing resource file for the depth of field/spectator control UI (Capa mode UI).
- Fixed server log output displaying “TEAM ONE” and “TEAM TWO”.
- Custom playlist can now be selected.
- Added Dry Canal Checkpoint to Coop Elite playlist.
- Added Tell Hunt and Tell Night Hunt to playlists.
- Fixed muzzle bone on AC-556 world model.
- Removed windows in Market to avoid spawn camping Security.
- Fixed Dry Canal survival objectives disappearing after capturing B.
- Fixed a respawn issue on Tell Checkpoint
- Spectator fixes for sv_thirdperson.
- Added mp_ignore_win_conditions for customising gamemode behavior.