New World Interactive released a new update today for Insurgency, most notably pushing their recent mod, Day of Infamy, to the live branch. In case you missed the recent update, Day of Infamy is their new community mod project that is already changing the state of the game. It’s pretty sweet.
Read more about it below, watch some of the gameplay from their recent livestream, and check out the links to get involved in the process.
Watch gameplay from Day of Infamy here!
With the release of the Insurgency update today, we are pleased to announce that our community mod project, Day of Infamy, is compatible with the default version of the game and will no longer require players to opt into the beta branch. The change log for the update can be viewed at the bottom of this post.
Day of Infamy (“DoI”) is an open-ended World War II total conversion for Insurgency, founded by New World Interactive and expanded upon by Insurgency’s modding community. You can find out more details on the NWI Wiki.
DoI was revealed via our Twitch livestream only ten days ago. Since release, the mod has over 60,000 subscribers and numerous community members have already begun creating new maps, weapons, and other content for the mod. The mod’s first community-made map – Landfall, created by Chief-C – is being added to the mod with today’s update.
We have been overwhelmed by the surge of popularity from the launch, and are very excited about the future for Day of Infamy. With the mod being available to a larger audience, we have created the infrastructure that allows modders contributing to the project.
HOW TO PLAY:
- To play the mod, simply subscribe to the mod and its maps on Workshop.
(With the latest update to Insurgency, the beta branch is no longer required)
- In the Cooperative or Multiplayer menus, select the Day of Infamy playlist to see a list of dedicated servers running the mod. Click a server to expand the view and click the button to join!
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE:
- Check out the Roadmap and Official Forums to see progress on the mod. Determine what has already been created, is in progress, and what needs to be made.
- Once you have a map, weapon, character, or something else ready for submission, you can submit it into the official DOI GitHub here.
UPDATE CHANGELIST – JAN. 27, 2016
- New map: Landfall
- Expanded Multiplayer:
- Landfall: Invasion, Push, Skirmish, Occupy and Firefight
- Expanded Cooperative
- Bastogne (Day and Night): Outpost, Conquer
- Landfall: Checkpoint, Conquer
New Weapon Content
- New 30 and 50 round extended magazine upgrades for Thompson M1928A1. The weapon now defaults to a 20 round box magazine. Drum magazine is restricted to Officer and Support classes.
- New foregrip attachment for the Thompson M1928A1.
- New Stielhandgranate model and animations.
User Experience Improvements
- Created voting images for maps.
- Team chat will now properly denote teams as “American Army” or “German Army” instead of “Security” and “Insurgents”.
- Added truck at A push to provide German forces with a bit more protection when approaching the objective.
- Added a few more bushes throughout the map for cover.
- Improved fog transition from playable level to 3dskybox.
- Replaced some dev textures that were visible for the player.
- Players can no longer hide inside the back of a convoy truck.
- Dog Red:
- Improved cover by the right flank up the hill.
- Improved the right path leading to the rear bunker.
- Optimized performance past the road.
- Added new particle effects in various areas.
- Modified beach bunker floors to force German team to stay close to the edge.
- Fixed other miscellaneous issues.
- Landfall map created by Chief-C.
- Stielhandgranate art created by TKAzA.