The Soviet cruiser fleet has finally anchored in the game! Watch the review of this update with our host Dasha Perova…
Update 0.5.4 is bringing a full branch of Soviet cruisers!
Watch the full dev diaries to find out how these ships came to life. It took a lot of research, time and work to make these beasts float in World of Warships…
Interested in raw numbers? Before checking them in the game, you can get a sneak peak in the interactive tech-tree below.
Release Notes 0.5.4
9 Soviet cruisers added to the U.S.S.R. tech-tree
- Novik – Tier II
- Bogatyr -Tier III
- Svetlana – Tier IV
- Kirov – Tier V
- Budeny – Tier VI
- Schors – Tier VII
- Chapaev – Tier VIII
- Dmitry Donskoy – Tier IX
- Moskva – Tier X
Radar Consumable added. Available for Soviet cruisers, starting from Tier VIII.
- Gives the ability to detect all enemy ships within a set area, regardless of visual obstacles.
US cruisers of Tier VIII and up will also get Radar Consumable in the nearest patch.
Other changes and fixes
- Recalculated protection of secondary guns from HE shells and shrapnel – it is now calculated based on the maximum thickness of the frontal armor. Hit points of secondary guns have been doubled.
- Increased the added efficiency of AA defense from 10% to 30% when manually selecting a target.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Radar” icon to be displayed when the player is no longer detected by another ship, but is still detected by an aircraft
- Changed the sound effect for damage markers
- Fixed the tooltip for achievements: achievement can’t be obtained in Team Battles, even though these tips suggested the contrary
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a price in Doubloons to automatically change while converting freeXP
- Removed price in Doubloons for the “Type 5” camouflage
- Iona is now the default captain of the ship “Kirishima”
- Captain Yotaro has been added
Features added for testing purposes only
- A test ship based on the Yubari has been added to the game client. This ship is used for testing purposes only and has special in-game characteristics.
- Tier VII premium US aircraft carrier Saipan and Tier III premium British destroyer Campbeltown have been added to the game for testing purposes. They are unavailable for purchase at the moment, but players may see them in battles.